Saturday 10 February 2007

Simple Pleasures


Speshal Dare #40 is up. And it's another cracking one. We also have a new girl - the very talented Jane Dean. This week's dare was called Simple Pleasures. We all had very different ideas about what our simple pleasures were, and mine involves a tutu. Not me wearing it though, that would be soooooo wrong. This is Danielle and the tutu was made by my very own fair hands. Aren't I clever? As I said earlier in the week, this LO is so simple but it took me so long to do, you wouldn't believe. Simple most definitely does not equal quick. I should lie around about now and say that it only took me 5 minutes to throw together and you would probably be so impressed. The paper is MME Kaleidoscope (Summer I think). I punched all the little circles from one of the sheets of pp, and gave them brad centres. Dymo tape and MM Tiny Type alphas make up the first half of my title. 'Enjoy' is made from HS ghost letters, which I attached with some chunky stitches. The rest of the title was done on the pc, and I cut the edges with my scalloped scissors.
Have a good weekend, whatever you're up to. Danielle has a birthday party to go to today, so she'll be overdosing on cake this afternoon. Charlie hasn't been invited so I'm not quite sure how I'm going to break the news to him that he's staying at home. Before I go, I must apologise wholeheartedly to my UKS team mates; that surprise I promised you all failed to materialise.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is beautiful Karen and I love that tutu.

Hope Charlie had a fun afternoon xxx

Lythan said...

That is one fantastic tutu - brilliant photo and a gorgeous layout!

Shirley said...

That photo is FAB!

The Dolphin Inn said...

What a clever girl you are super cute kids, supercute page and a super cute tutu - I want whatever you have for breakfast lol

Love the photo Karen and you are doing an amazing job with the dares

Paula - Buenos Aires said...

But you PROMISED!

Roflol!

And, yes, you are clever. :)