Tuesday 13 February 2007

Cheesy Titles R Us

I'm completely rubbish at thinking up really cool titles for my pages. Most of the time I scrape by with something ok, but every so often I have to resort to something a little corny. Sunday night I managed a double dose of corny titles. Please keep your fingers crossed that we don't have any more snow, because I'm all out of snow-related titles. I finally got to use some of the scrummy Scenic Route papers from last winter, on some real snow pics. The Brighton papers are so yummy that I've already used most of them on non-snow pics; so for the page of Danielle I had to make do with a few offcuts I had left. I finally got round to using some of the Heidi Swapp iron on alphas which I bought about a year ago too; I love the fuzzy feel of them but it meant I had to do a lot of planning before I could stick any of my page down as I had to do the iron-on bit first.



I also forgot to share the pages I did a few days ago; I was so excited about uploading last Friday's dare that I forgot the rest. These were just a couple of very simple pages - I couldn't even be bothered to get my ink out for the pp edges, which is saying something. I even managed a 12x12 too, although it was a struggle. But it had to be done, because I started an album for the kids' birthdays in 12x12. I estimate that I'll still be scrapping their birthdays in 12x12 for another 5 years!! Maybe I should just take some of the page protectors out of the album haha. It's not entirely coincidental that they both contain the word 'wish'. I'd originally planned to use the Li'l Davis glitter word on the first page, but the colour was wrong and I had no papers that would match the word and also work with the design I had in mind. But once I'd got the glitter word out of its packet, I really wanted to use it so I planned the birthday LO to make sure the word fitted.


Danielle had a great time at the party on Saturday; Charlie fell asleep just before we went out and he woke up just before we got home again so he wasn't too sure exactly where we'd been lol. Danielle had saved some sweets for him and Casey (bless her, I'd have scoffed them all in the car) and he was happy with that. The kids are on half term this week, and (typically) it's pouring with rain. Boo!!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww Danielle is so sweet saving sweets for her siblings! I would've eaten them all at the party and any that I may have saved would've been safely tucked away in my pocket. Then again, I *am* an only child.

Love your pages, glad you're back and scrapping with a vengeance! Cool to see you using some of these things like the iron on bits. Reminds me of the stash I have that I must use. Anything else that's "old" that you want to use and remind me to use as well?

How's the knitting?

Mel said...

Oohhh just found your blog Karen, not sure why I hadn't come across it before but I am so glad I did. Love your stuff and hey, what album is complete without a few cheesy titles!? Mel x

Paula - Buenos Aires said...

Love those pages, they are so much fun with the titling and pretty papers.

The Dolphin Inn said...

God that cake looks good - hope yu are enjoying half term - ours doesn't start til next week

Missy said...

Oh my I just came across your blog while I was surfing other scrappers. Your work is beautiful and I just love your cheesy titles....I thought I was the only one that did that. Really fantastic pages.

Eleni Gratsia said...

Simple??? Simple??? wow, gorgeous!!! I find your work so inspiring Karen! :D