Friday 23 February 2007

Dare #42

What a challenge - this week's task was to use up some of our really old stash that hadn't seen the light of day in a long while. I got off lightly because I've only been scrapping a couple of years and got rid of all my REALLY ghastly stuff ages ago, but you should see what some of the others did with some seriously cringe-worthy stash. You'll be amazed, go digging out your old stash and see what you can come up with. And, best of all, we have another new Speshal girl ~ Karen Leahy (better known as Dolly to most). As always, you can find the other girls' work on the Speshal blog.

Anyway, this is mine. The papers and ice candy are by KI Memories; one of my very first stash purchases I think (apart from a few odd sheets of rubbish from Hobbycraft& they went in the bin quite soon after purchase!). The fabric photo corners are by Making Memories and were a bulk buy from Ebay in the US. Yes, at the time, I convinced myself I really did need 6 packets!! Plus about 3 packets of suede photo corners. And, since then, I've also bought about 12 packets of Heidi Swapp photo corners. So, I have no need for any more photo corners in this lifetime. The little flower brads are also by Making Memories, another early purchase but one that I've used a LOT. In fact, I'm down to about 10 of these little babies I think and I'll be sad to see them go. *Sob.* The little tags are by Doodlebug - I have 2 sheets (blue and pink) both barely used. Lucky me!! The stitching is some Doodlebug rub ons. Lettering is Heidi Swapp chipboard, which I sanded. My early alphabets were tons of yukky crappo stickers in ghastly colours and I donated them to the kids craft box ages ago. Phew! Dare I say, I actually really enjoyed this one and have even started another page along a similar line but with KI Memories Keepsake papers.

4 comments:

The Dolphin Inn said...

I am a newbie too, so I haven't any really old stuff but there are pleenty of impulse buys hiding away lol

scrapdolly said...

Fab page - I love it and I am so thrilled to be speshal

Lythan said...

This is a gorgeous page. I love all the white space and clever use of embellishments. It looks like you ave been a canny shopper!

Gertie said...

old stash or not layout looks great as always :-)