Saturday 31 March 2007

Makeover

This week's Speshal Dare is up and the prompt is "Makeover". I bought a set of A5 notebooks from Tesco a little while ago, that came with their own magazine file. I'd planned to leave them as they were because the colours were pretty funky anyway, but when I saw the prompt for this week, I decided that the little notebooks would be the subject of my makeover, and they are now a place for me to write down all my scrapping ideas ~ quotes, sketches, titles etc. 4 books might be a bit excessive mind you; I can't see me filling them all up EVER lol! I used Junkitz Salsa pp to cover the magazine file; Junkitz Salsa rub ons on the books, including flowers going across all 4 spines; Fancy Pants chipboard, painted with twinkling H2O's; BG rub ons; Primas and gems.
Check out the blog to see what everybody else got up to. :)
I spent yesterday afternoon playing around with some empty blister packaging from some of my old Doodlebug stuff. I'm turning them into hanging photo frames, with piccies of the kids in. Only I got started and realised I was one packet short; I know I definitely had 3 at some point but one's gone walkabouts (in the bin no doubt lol). Anyway, I went begging and the lovely Dawn is sending me one, so I can finish off my trio. I'll put pics up of the two I've done so far once the light is better. It was so gloomy yesterday that I couldn't get any decent pics. :(
Danielle's eyes are now much better btw, but she has a cold instead. I swear I should buy shares in Kleenex and Calpol.

3 comments:

Gertie said...

Can't wait to see the frames :-), saw something on 2peas yesterday using some empty packets so I'm gonna have a go.
Fab book holder and I'm the same, I'm sure I should have shares in wipes and flippin' handwash!!!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you turned down my very generous offer of a Dairylea tub!!! hee hee

Love the book makeover.

Hope Danielle is feeling better soon.

Have a fab weekend xxx

The Dolphin Inn said...

CUTE - very liftable too - thanks for the inspiration x