Sunday 4 March 2007

Busy, busy, busy

I've been making a start on my first classes for The Design Collective, because the first mailing is now less than a month away. I don't want to sound like I'm boasting, (anybody who knows me well will know I'm the least confident scrapper around) but I adore the pages I've done so far and for once, the ideas in my head have translated to paper perfectly - we all know that doesn't always happen right?

Check out the Design Collective blog too as we're in the process of adding a small gallery of each designer's work, just to give you a taster so that you can see if their styles are for you or not. We, the designers have a wide variety of scrapping styles, and we're also aiming to teach ideas/techniques that can be adapted to suit your own style so it's not totally dependent on you liking somebody's particular style.

I treated myself to another corner rounder yesterday - well I NEEDED it because I only have two already hehe. I already have a tiny one (I'm not sure of the make) and the large EK Success one (purple). I love the EK one because you can remove the base to make your own scalloped paper, but the scallops are very large, so I bought a medium one too (the green one). So, now I can have scallops coming out of my earholes. It'll be one of those fads that will date the LO's in my album I'm sure. If I look back to about a year ago or more, my LO's are covered in doodly lines & drawn on stitching. Over the last few months, I've really gotten into hand sewing - love the chunky look it gives and now my scalloped edges. Actually, thinking about it my scalloped edges go back further than I thought too - this is a LO I did for Creative Scrapbooking magazine back in July last year. Can you believe that I made these by drawing round a coin and handcutting? It was tedious, I can tell you lol. And, look I was still doing my hand drawn stitching too!!

Oh, and even this one from May last year. I still *heart* this page even though it's quite, erm, bright although I'm not sure about the yellow. I handdrew the scallops and I was going for the uneven effect (yeh right, I hear you say) but it bugs me slightly to think that people might not realise it's meant to look like a 5 year old drew them lol.

I had a good look back through all my old albums yesterday and it's funny to see how my style has evolved. For the first 6 months AT LEAST I had no style at all and my pages were just a mish mash of as many diecuts and dodgy alphabet stickers I could get on the page. I'd like to think I've improved, if only slightly haha. One thing that struck me was that I still have no clearly defined style. There are certain styles I avoid, but there is not one that I stick to. Some of my pages are ultra simple, others slightly more cluttered but that's part of the fun I think because I can chop and change to suit my mood.

If you're still awake, give yourself a pat on the back because you deserve it. Have a great Sunday.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love scalloped edges and now I'm going to have go all Single White Female and get those rounders.

I lubs me CM corner rounder and I don't care if they are so last year. Hee hee we're such rebels.

You have every right to be proud of your work.

Happy Sunday xxx

Anonymous said...

I love the scalloped edges, will have to use my corner rounder as I was trying to use the BG notch tool and it really sucks. Worst product ever! Would even feel too guilty to sell it to anyone. LOL!

I think you totally have a defined style. Sure some pages are more simple than others but you have a style nonetheless. I see thumbnails of your work in the UKS gallery and know it's yours before I even click on it! It has evolved over the last year but it's still got the same "K3 Look" that you have always had! It's a good thing though as it works well!

Glad to hear your classes are coming along nicely and that you are happy.

Anonymous said...

The scalloped edges look awesome :o)And I guess it is lots cheaper to create your own than buy the Bazzill scalloped cardstock.

You work is gorgeous, and I have no idea why you don't feel confident about it! Such is the human psyche though isn't it?!

I agree with Marja too, I always recognise a page you have done too when browsing around the UkScrappers gallery.

Hope you have had a good weekend, love Gems xxx

Paula - Buenos Aires said...

Pat, pat, pat.

Roflol. Can´t resist an easy joke on a lazy Sunday morning. :D

May I join Maria´s rebel club and still use old stuff? :)

Luv your style girl. :)

Jen said...

love those scallops, hadn't thought of making them using a corner rounder! *duh*