Tuesday 13 March 2007

Concentrate

Charlie always, always sticks his tongue out when he concentrates. We were in the garden yesterday because it was another beautiful day (almost paddling pool weather here in Essex) and almost every photo I took of Charlie starred his tongue. So, of course the photos were begging to be scrapped and he is so going to thank me when he's older lol. I ditched my favourite white backgrounds in favour of this Doodlebug bright blue. I got a couple of sheets as part of a kit when I first started out, and forgot I had them - the colour is so not me and I never in my life expected to be actually using it. Turns out it was a perfect match for Charlie's top, so it had to be done. Btw, it doesn't say STIG on Charlie's top, which is what John thought, although after a hard day's play Charlie usually does look like Stig of the Dump! The 'I' isn't an 'I' but a bit of twill on the zipper. It actually says St G (as in St George by Duffer - love their stuff for boys, so funky in a world of boring boys clothes). Anyway, I digress.

The paper is Scenic Route Cape Town, and I added some chipboard pieces, painted black then doodled with a white pen. While I had the black paint out, I drybrushed round the edges of my papers, card & photos. The title is made from felt (yummy) - the AC felt thickers - does anybody else find them a pain to get off the backing sheet without losing the glue? The words (explore, play etc) are HS index tab inserts and I pinched the idea from yesterday's DW 2007 entry. Some staples, a Hambly journaling rub on and a few eyelet brads & job's done!
We've had a fantastic response to the DC launch and have some fun things planned to get you warmed up for the classes. If you registered and haven't got an email for any reason - go check the blog for details of what to do.

7 comments:

Suzanne said...

Gorgeous page, loving the blue, you work colour so fabulously!

And bless him with his sticky out tongue!

karen said...

loving the blue too, i had to look twice to make sure it was your LO.
love St George clothes, dont you just love debenhams!

Anonymous said...

The blue works really well and he looks so cool in his top and shades.

Amelia does the tongue thing but then again (ssh!) so do I sometimes.

So please the DC is proving to be a hit.

Happy Tuesday xxx

Gertie said...

fabby layout Karen :-)

So glad the DC is going really really well.

Anonymous said...

Hehehe Kirk did the stinking tongue out thing as a kid too! He said it was b/c it made him look intelligent. Suppose he needed all the help he could get. Good use of that blue cardstock.. I have some sheets in colours I can't ever see myself using but will now hold onto them in case BettyBob coordinates herself with them in the future!

Anonymous said...

Oops, I meant to stay STICKING tongue out, not stinking tongue...

Eleni Gratsia said...

Oh my ... he's gorgeous in those photos!!! LOL Love the conversation you have with him as well!!! :D