Thursday 22 March 2007

Easter goodies

I got a huuuge DT parcel from Carole at Ribbonmad this week and some of the contents were perfecto for a couple of little Easter projects I'd been planning.

The first is this little metal bucket full of Easter eggs. It started life as a metal planter (one of a set of 3 from a pound shop). I covered the pot with some of the lush Cactus Pink papers - they're double sided so I only used a single sheet - and I made a frill from another sheet of the patterned paper. I added some matching Cactus Pink ribbon to the centre of the frill and around the bottom of the pot to hide the edges of my papers.

The buttons and the flower brad were in my Ribbonmad dolly bag. The tag is a BG chipboard, painted pink, then covered in glitter glaze.




The second project was a little Easter basket (this is almost as old as Casey, and was from a poundshop) which I prettied up by tying lots of ribbons to the handle. Here I've used just a fraction of the ribbons in a lovely pink dolly bag.

Today has been super-productive because I also managed to get this week's speshal dare done. I'd been struggling with the theme and suddenly had a flash of inspiration. Phew!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooh, they are purty. I love Easter and not just cos I get to stuff my face full of choccie.

Happy Thursday xxx

Gertie said...

Scrummy baskets Karen, what a busy girlie you've been :-D