Monday 28 May 2007

A little Monday moan

It was actually a little moan that started on Friday, but I'm still a teeny bit peeved. We got a letter from the secondary school Casey will be attending in September. They have an open day in about 3 weeks, so that we can buy uniform but the prices left my jaw on the floor. A PE top is about £8 (for the smallest size), they need 2 aprons, lots of various sports gear; the majority of which NEEDS to have the school crest on (and so can only be bought from the school shop). Don't get me wrong, I fully support the need to wear school uniform but I don't like the way that the school seem to have written their uniform policy so that they can make a ton of money out of us as well. For example, for the price of that one PE top, I could buy a pack of 3 plain white polo shirts. What difference does it really make if the top has the school emblem on, really? And that's just for starters. Still, what can I do? We'll just have to do a bank job on the way to the school.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is such a rip off!!! The girlies old primary school was the same and it drove me mad.

It's the principle of it not the wearing of the uniform.

Hope you had a fab weekend xxx

karen said...

tell me about it! imagine how angry you will be when they loose it all in the first year! and then expect you to replace every bit again, hope yours lasts longer than a year karen. If you do a bank job get some for me too.

The Dolphin Inn said...

You have my sympathies girl our school has just done the same, changed all the colours too, so anything that survived this year cannot be worn next, the prices are ludicrous too, no more trips to Asda for polo shirts for me urghhhhhhhhhhh

Kirsty Wiseman said...

I know how you feel, chick xx
well, the only thing my daughter is wearing at her new school with the emblem is her blazer (but that has to be custom made as she wear aged 8 clothes!)
The rest is going to be ASDA's best and the school can shove it up their hoop if they dont like it.
AND she is wearing trainers too.
RA RA RA!