Saturday 7 April 2007

Windswept

Just sharing something I put together last night; this was a pretty quick page (by my standards anyway lol). All papers are the new Scenic Route Laurel - I can see me needing more of these because I've used loads already. They're double-sided, which is great in one way, but it also means that you always end up using a sheet, then wishing you had't because you love the pattern on the other side too much lol. I cut the circles out, then distressed the edges with my MM edge scraper, which I haven't used in absolutely ages! I used AC Felt Thickers for my title. The photo corner is one of those new Heidi Swapp XL ones - they're absolutely ginormous; I didn't know just how big they were going to be. Lots of brads round the edges of one of the circles, just because I have thousands of brads and I felt like using some up.

Danielle's jabs went pretty well. The nurse is very good - she did Casey's jabs 6 or so years ago now - very fast and doesn't really give the little 'un time to think about what she's doing. Takes 'em by surprise! I was dreading it because we got into her room and she told me that they now have to do 2 jabs (Casey only had one) and I was thinking there was NO WAY Danielle would let her stick a needle in twice lol. But she did, and she didn't even flinch. Danielle was more freaked out by the little bit of blood afterwards; she hates blood and usually screams like a banshee at the smallest cut. But, she consoled herself with the big pile of stickers the nurse gave her then went skipping off to the sweet shop to spend her pound; she wouldn't wear her jacket though in case she got blood on it lol. Then, all afternoon, she was milking it - she had to have her lunch first because she'd had an injection; she had to watch her programmes on tv because she'd had an injection; she had to choose dinner because she'd had an injection...... By the evening, one of her arms was a bit sore, but it was fine by morning. All in all, not half as bad as I was expecting!

3 comments:

Eleni Gratsia said...

Lovely layout ... love the photo ... and LOL at Danielle for milking it ... my niece Katerina scraped her pinkie on Friday afternoon, and even in the boat this morning she was saying how she could believe how her pinkie still hurt!!! Children are priceless that way!!!

Anonymous said...

Ooh, fab layout. Loving the circles and scalloping.

Glad that Danielle's injections were ok and bless her for milking it.

Happy Easter xxx

Gertie said...

LOL at Danielle for milking it, aren't kids great :-)
Fab layout, love all the circles and that Heidi Swapp corner is gigantic!!!!!