Wednesday 25 April 2007

Minibook on the cheap

I picked up a packet of little kraft coloured index cards from Stationery Box in their closing down sale for about a pound (you can see the original colour on the left hand side of the cover). I used 5 of them to make a minibook and still have enough left over to make 4 similar books. Bargain! And at the rate I make minibooks, they'll be finished by about 2010. I went for a very simple approach; as much as I love clutter and layering, it's not really my thing.
The quotes on each page are from the Robert Palmer song "She Makes My Day"; I always struggle with meaningful quotes, so song lyrics are usually a good cheat. Lots of various goodies on the pages - MM Kraft papers & tiny type alphas, HS, AC, Prima, Queen & Co, Upsy Daisy stamps, Provocraft rolling stamp, GinX and MM rub ons, 7 Gypsies oval stamp & fabric hole reinforcers AND loads more but I'm getting bored now lol and you must all be asleep.

Well, that's about it for now but, before I go, I want to link to a new inspiration blog all about scrapping pets, and you can see it here. I take lots of pics of Max but never seem to get round to scrapping many of them, so I'm going to play along as often as I can.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooh, fab idea and a bargainous price.

Good idea about using song lyrics may have to do the single white female bit and copy that one.

Happy Wednesday xxx

Gertie said...

books lovely Karen but what are you going to do with it? stick it in a cupboard LOL!!!
Bargain price too :-)

Sam+Tina said...

Blinking gorgeous! Clever use of cheapie supplies :)

The Dolphin Inn said...

Gorgeous mini book Karen, love the way you used the lyrics and the pics are adorable, thanks for the pet link ,will check that out now :)

BTW if you get time check out my blog - you are tagged :)

Shirley said...

Oh that song is my Dorts as it was in the charts when she was born! I may have to copy the idea!!!!

It looks fab!

karen said...

karen that mini book is gorgeous and i love those papers why did i miss bying them! off to search the shops, i need to scraplift. ive still got my basic grey file folders from the lunch tin so may need to use them, not as cheap as your file folders though, lucky you.