Friday 13 April 2007

Dare #49

I ducked out last week because my mojo had deserted me, and I nearly didn't make this week either because I'd totally lost track of time after the Easter weekend and thought that today was Thursday lol. But I made it, just in the nick of time.

This week, we had a prompt "It makes it home". I chose this page all about Danielle's new pet turtle, Blossom (it looks very much like a stone, but it's really a turtle because Danielle said so!). Blossom came from the beach originally and stunk like smelly seaweed, so she's had a few bubble baths. Now she's smelling all beautiful, Danielle decided that she deserves a life of luxury in a new cardboard house, with huge garden (including a heated swimming pool). This was made with a lot of help from Casey, and some 'help' from Charlie too.

I have a little confession to make - the stone in the photo is not the real Blossom - it's a stunt double. I only decided this morning that this would be my subject, and Danielle had taken Blossom with her to my mum's house. Aaaaargh. Of course I panicked, and then used my noodle and decided that I could use a lookalike, & replace it with a photo of the real deal at a later date. So, that's what I've done. :)
The title is a play on words "A home of her stone (own)". The cardstock background is a sheet of Pizzazill; I thought it was about time I used some lol. The title is a mix of Doodlebug teeny tags, Junkitz alpha stickers, Doodlebug alpha stickers & MM Shimmer alphas. Graph paper and chipboard photo corner are by Scenic Route. The plastic stars are by American Crafts and the border strips are Doodlebug paper frills. Check out the blog here; it's crammed full of yummy inspiration.

The second mailing of Design Collective classes has been very popular, and it's great to see everybody's takes on them. It's always amazing how everybody starts off with the same layout, and yet everybody manages to put their own stamp on it. I had a go at Kirsty's class from last week - this is a follow on from a page I scrapped last summer called "My daughter, the horse". Danielle would run up and down the garden, pretending to be a horse called Clippery. And, this year, she's still doing it lol! This is the LO from Kirsty's class:

And, this is the page I did last year:



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

The layouts are gorgeous (as usual!) Particularly like the one about the stone hehe. Lol at the look-a-like stone!

Can't wait to have a go at your class from the DC! Just my style :o)

xxx

Anonymous said...

Loving the Blossom layout and very jealous of her luxurious home.

Maybe Danielle was a horse in a former life ;)

Have a fantabulous weekend xxx

Paula - Buenos Aires said...

Lol at the "stunt rock" comment! :D
Great pages. :)

Gertie said...

PSML at the stone double!!!
The house looks lovely, I'm dead jealous of the heated pool and big garden.
Fab layout as usual and just gotta find a photo and then I'm doing the class ;-)

The Dolphin Inn said...

Gorgeous work girl,lol at the stunut double xxx

Eleni Gratsia said...

Brilliant stuff!!! Love the stone story! :D