Saturday 21 April 2007

Dare #50

This week, we used some of our favourite quotes, sayings or proverbs. Mine is "The best things in life are free", because it's absolutely true. As always, check out the blog to see what everybody else has been up to.

This is a photo I took last week; I blogged about it at the time because I accidentally chopped half of Danielle's body out of the photo, but though it looked quite arty. I used quite a bit of old stash on this one, mixed in with some new.
Papers ~ Scenic Route Laurel (one day I will do a LO without using any SR.........or maybe I won't)
Chipboard strip, photo corners & circle ~ Scenic Route Laurel
Doodlebug acrylic letters
Pressed Petals Chip Chatter letters
AC Felt thickers
Dymo tape
Heidi Swapp fuzzy rub ons (flowers and word)
Heidi Swapp bloom
Hambly journaling bit rub on
I'm also sharing another couple of pages I finished off last night (I went a bit wild with the lime green/pale pink combo in both but I like it). The first is the wallaby from Tropical Wings last week. The title comes from a book that Casey used to love, and the idea for the index tabs is from DW 2007 a few days ago.
Mainly old KI Memories stuff on here, with a huuuuge HS photo corner and a Bazzill blossom (now I only have about 20 odd of those blossoms to try and use up lol).
The second one is a series of pics of Danielle from a couple of days ago; she can never look 'normal' for photos lol. The background and little strips of pp are Scenic Route Brighton (I have a little passion lately for patterned papers backgrounds - not good news for my pile of cardstock because it ain't getting any smaller!). The circle rub on is by BG; I've been saving it for ages for just the right page and thought it was about time I used it, smaller circle is an epoxy sticker by Christina Cole (it says "I am what I am"). Title is a mix of MM rubons and Banana Frog stamps. Flowers in the corner are rub ons by HS - they're absolutely pants and never rub on cleanly but it gives quite a cool effect here and they look distressed. Believe me, last night they were distressing me!!

In the real world, Casey has been tidying her room since about 8.30 this morning. It was an absolute tip and she's a hoarder. We now have one (almost) tidy room and about 10 bags of utter rubbish. Oh, and one bag for the charity shop. We've promised her that she can have her room decorated if she tidies up, and keeps it that way; I've got to say that I'm really proud of the way she's knuckled down today and got on with it. I wouldn't have done it lol. Now we just have to wait and see how long it takes to get messy again.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooh, fab layouts and I'm loving pink and lime green at the moment. I'm not usually a fan of green.

I'm supposed to be tidying my room but getting nowhere fast. Can you send Casey along here please?

Have a fab weekend xxx

Gertie said...

Just don't get me started on messy kids rooms!!!!!! you ain't seen mine LOL
ooh love the layouts and big pat on the back for using old stash :-)