Friday 26 January 2007

Everyone is Speshal.....

.........even me. The Speshal Dares blog has had a makeover and some fab new girls have joined the team. Oh, and for some reason that I still haven't fathomed, they asked me too. How fab is that! So, it's official "I is Speshal".

This is what I did for this week's dare - to find out more about this week's theme, you need to click the link above. Check out all the other awesome work the girls have produced this week too. You won't be disappointed - that's a promise.

My piece is an altered memo board; it started life as just a plain white dry-wipe magnetic board from WHSmith (£2.99). I covered most of it with Creative Imaginations and Scenic Route papers, ribbon and ric rac.







The heart in the centre is a Maya Road chipboard one, covered in some CI papers.






The little flowers are magnetic pins - these came with the board and were just plain black so I covered them with Lil' Davis glitter chipboard flowers and buttons centres.

Some Heidi Swapp plastic lettering and MM Tiny Type alpha for the "Note to self" and voila! The little pictures bottom left were drawn by Danielle and Charlie. I'm sure I don't need to tell anybody, because it will be instantly obvious, but the lady in the multi-coloured dress on the uppermost pic is me! And yes, I really am a triangular shape (with no neck) irl. I'm not usually legless any more, mind you, so maybe it's meant to be me when I was younger.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats! I thought that dress figure resembled you, glad I've got an eye for art LOL :) Lovely altered board, look forward to what you come up with each week and it's good to see you creating again. Love your work!

Anonymous said...

Now we know the truth - you are secretly always legless ROFLMBO

Great start to the speshal dares - love your aletered piece, can't wait to see more of your gorgeous creations

Rhi said...

Wow this is so cool! It's really inspiring me to make a funky kitchen noticeboard. Love it!

Anonymous said...

Yay for being spesh!!!

Loving the noticeboard and the resemblance in the drawing is uncanny.

Have a fab weekend xxx

Paula - Buenos Aires said...

Congratulations! Have fun creating. :)

Anonymous said...

I KNEW you woz speshal! Big bloomin congrats to you!
Great start too!

Shirley said...

That board is SO cute I want to rush out and buy the board and do my own now!
Love love love it! Looking forward to seeing more!

Unknown said...

well done on joining the speshals

Suzanne said...

It's beautiful Karen, love the details such as the glittery flower.

Debs said...

Karen you most very definitely have always been very spesh!!! Looking forward to seeing more of your fabulous creations every friday!

suebaru said...

Love your board, am so tempted to do one too!