Tuesday 26 February 2008

Pink Paislee yumminess.....


....... Sarah's Cards already have the Pink Paislee Office Lingo in stock, so I splashed out and bought me some. It is absolutely gorgeous in real life I'm happy to say, and I decided it was too good to hide away in my album, so I made this for my wall instead. (Apologies for the glare on the pic - it's too sunny today - there's no winning eh?)

It started life as a leftover piece of mdf - size is approx 9x9. I painted the edges using some Tim Holtz Crackle Paint, but the colour didn't go with the pink, so I splodged some pink paint over the top, wiping away the excess before it dried so that it still showed all the cracks.

The photo was mounted onto some scrap chipboard, as was the Scenic Route Loveland circle sticker.

I also used some Magic Mesh (inspired by this blog, to use old products, which can only be a good thing right?) - I layered it over my chipboard photo corner & also on the 7 Gypsies flower stamp (top right of photo) plus a thin strip underneath my photo. I went for the subtle approach when using it because I'm still not sure I really like it lol, but I think it's ok in small doses. It's strange stuff because it doesn't feel very sticky to the touch and I was worried I was going to wake up this morning and find it had all peeled off but it's still there!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is lovely Karen. Graham hates it when I start a sentence with *Have you got any offcuts of ........*

Love the you made from beads and yuck for they eyedrops. I can well imagine the frightened lad waiting outside.

Happy Tuesday xxx

Gertie said...

Gorgeous Karen :-D