Saturday 9 February 2008

Friday's bargain buy....

..... was this lovely set of blocks from Tesco for the grand sum of £1 from those bins they seem to have at the end of the aisles (most of them full of tat, but these little babies just jumped out and said "Buy me"). To give you an idea of size, each square is approx 1.75 inches wide.



I sanded them first (the pictures were quite shiny but came off really easily) and then mod podged paper and photos on. In hindsight, maybe I should have chosen a pic of the 3 of them that didn't involve cutting Casey's head in half lol. I finished off with some BG rub ons (postmarks and such like) that I've had for yonks and have never used plus some Heidi Swapp fuzzy rub ons. The papers are all scraps and I was a very brave little girl and even managed to mix up ranges and manufacturers. Off the top of my head, I think I used:
BG Lollipop Shoppe;
SR Brighton, Metropolis, Laurel & Charlotte;
MME Kaleidoscope (I'm not sure which line it was from but it was something very bright and a bit flowery lol).






I think they're looking good but Charlie says he prefers the originals!! Have a good weekend. :)

Btw, Maria, I have to tell you that your blog doesn't like me any more - I've been trying to leave a comment for days now. *sulk*

7 comments:

Gertie said...

oooh Karen now that is blumin' gorgeous,better check out Tesco or the kids toybox.

BTW it does say FART *gasp* :-D

Paula - Buenos Aires said...

I´d be playing with the blocks for hours! Where do you keep them?

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous blocks! I might need to do something like this one day.

Anonymous said...

Love the blocks they are fab.

Typepad gets very antsy but it could be due to me banning you ........ Just kidding ...... Stoopid Typepad!!!

Happy Sunday xxx

Eleni Gratsia said...

The blogs are AMAZING Karen!!! :D Wowza!!!

Sue aka Greyhound Lover said...

what a darn clever idea!!! guess that's why you're the designer LOL.

Thank you for your comment on my blog, I was a tad concerned about you as you've not been (noticably)very active on DC lately. Hope all is well.

Sharon said...

Fantastic idea Karen!!

They are lovely.