Friday 24 August 2007

Something I just threw together

And it only took me 10 mintues. Can you believe that? No? Well, I don't blame you lol. But it was pretty quick - especially because I'm the slowest scrapper in the South East; it took about 3/4 of an hour. I picked up a couple of little mini ring binders from Asda - bargain price of about £1.23 (ish) and that includes 80 odd record cards inside too. I used this pink one to make a little book for Danielle to practice her handwriting. So far, I've done a letter on each page, so that she can copy them. I'm also going to use the remainder of the record cards to help her learn the words she needs to know for Reception year, but haven't decided quite how to do that yet.





I used Love Elsie fabric to cover the front, and just cut a little notch in the front for the press stud. Photo corners by Heidi Swapp, 7 gypsies circle stamp, Love Elsie jelly heart & ribbon, AC plastic flower.

6 comments:

Gertie said...

Lovely Karen :-D

Anonymous said...

Aww that is lovely :o) Does she love it?! xx

The Dolphin Inn said...

What a gorgeous project Karen, love this little ring binder and the love elsie stuff is perfect, brilliant idea girl, gotta get me some of those little ring binders now lol TFS xxx

Angela said...

That book is lovely, I am sure your DD will love school

Anonymous said...

Ooh, very purty.

Hope she has lots of fun at school.

Have a fab weekend xxx

Lyzzydee said...

Beautiful!! Must hot foot down there!