Wednesday 30 April 2008

Remember me??

I haven't had much time for blogging recently but just wanted to share some pics of the weekend that John and I spent (without the kids!!!) in Warwick a couple of weeks ago. The weekend was absolutely amazing; it was lovely to be without the kids for a while for a start, lol, but also Warwick was such a beautiful olde-worlde place. We visited Warwick Castle on the Saturday, then popped into Coventry in the evening to see my aunt and uncle & we spent the Sunday morning in Stratford-upon-Avon before heading home.

The water mill at the (appropriately named) Saxon Mill pub in Warwick.



Warwick Castle






I climbed this tower!!!! All 530 steps (and it nearly killed me pmsl, I'm so unfit!)





Lord Leycester Hospital, Warwick




Shakespeare's birthplace, Stratford upon Avon



I can highly recommend the Holiday Inn in Warwick too - only £55 a night including a huuuuge continental breakfast buffet. Yummo!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay, you're back.

Sounds like a lovely weekend and love those piccies. I think I'd have needed a stair lift.

Have a fab weekend xxx

Eleni Gratsia said...

Yah, great to see you back ... glad you enjoyed yourself ... Warwick is one of my fav places!!!

Can't wait to see some scrapping!

karen said...

nice to see you back again karen, those pics are great it sounds like you had a wonderful child free weekend LOL